|OBJECTIVES OF THE ASSOCIATION
The Papua New Guinea Forest Industries Association (inc.) is an incorporated association of companies involved in all levels of operation in the timber industry in Papua New Guinea. It has the following objectives.
- A. To promote Membership of the Association to all bona fida corporate and like entitles engaged in the logging, mining, manufacturing, merchandising, exporting utilization and associated servicing and support industries directly or otherwise dealing with PNG forest resources.
- B. To support and protect the integrity, character and status for the forest industry sector and collective interests of Members of the Association.
- C. To represent the collective interests of Members through representatives participation on the National Forest Board, direct communication to Government and through contact with other available agencies or media.
- D. To foster balanced environmental, communication and economic responsibility and practical forest management principles within the forest industry sector.
- E. To oppose any dishonorable conduct or unlawful practice among entities engaged in or associated with the forest industry sector.
- F. To consider and promote the Associations policy position on matters relating to the forest industry sector.
- G. To assess the effect of Government policy, legislative and regulatory measures and other matters on the forest industry sector and where necessary represents the collective views of Members of the Association on these matters to Government, the National Forest Authority , and the community.
Any interested company actively involved in the timber industry can write to our office for membership information.
THE FOREST INDUSTRIES ASSOCIATION
THE INTEREST OF THE FOREST INDUSTRIES SECTOR AT ALL LEVELS
The Association is committed to the responsible use of forest resources in the nation’s interest and supports any efforts that will ensure the community hears the industry’s message of
SUSTAINED FOREST INDUSTRIES FOR PAPUA NEW GUINEA
Further information can be sought from:
The Executive Officer
Forest Industries Association
P.O. Box 229,
Papua New Guinea